Payment for less than 24-hour notice is not required for the following: 1) up to one cancellation without rescheduling in a calendar year due to acute unforeseen illness; 2) hazardous weather conditions making it unsafe for you to get to the office.
Please note: I am not able to waive this policy for other reasons that might arise including unforeseen work or school demands, transportation difficulties, childcare coverage, change of plans, frequent illnesses requiring > one cancellation per calendar year, travel delays, etc.
Notice of Privacy
Disclosure of Policies and Procedures
Requirements to Maintain Your Reserved Therapy Appointment Time
- Therapy requires a significant commitment of time, effort, expense, whole-heartedness, and intention on the part of both the client and the therapist to be able to meet the goals you have for therapy. Consistent attendance for your therapy sessions has a critical impact on your therapeutic progress.
- I have reserved a dedicated weekly or every other week appointment for you in my schedule.
- Frequent cancellation of your appointments, even with adequate notice, will not serve your therapeutic goals nor keep my small practice viable.
- I am unable to continue to reserve appointment times for individuals who do not consistently show up for their appointments.
- Clients who forfeit their regularly scheduled time are welcome to continue therapy by scheduling online into open slots on the calendar.
Clients will forfeit their reserved appointment time if they:
- Attend less than 70% of scheduled appointments over the previous three-month period, even with adequate 24-hour cancellation notice.
- Miss more than three consecutive sessions in a row. In the event the client will be away for more than three weeks at a time and the client wishes to retain the reserved appointment time into the future, payment must be made for missed sessions beyond 3 weeks.